Ready to support your young adult's transition into independence?

Grad Docs ensures a seamless connection between their autonomy and your protective guidance. With one straightforward payment, you’re equipped with all the necessary legal documents to safeguard them against life’s unforeseen events.

"Empowerment Doesn’t Have to Be Pricey."

Your Grad Docs Package:

$199.99/ one-time

The Grad Docs package equips you with crucial legal documents, ensuring you're prepared to act confidently on your young adult's behalf in any situation. Included in Your Package:

Power of Attorney ($99.99)
Health Care Directive ($99.99)
FERPA Release ($99.99)
HIPAA Authorization ($99.99)

The Parent-Young Adult Gap

In a world where turning 18 means losing access to critical decisions for your child, Grad Docs understands your concerns. The legal system can be complex and distant, but your role as a parent shouldn’t be. We make sure you’re not sidelined during financial, educational, or health emergencies.

How It Works

Start your journey with Grad Docs with a simple four-step process:

Step 1: Complete Your Purchase

Initiate your Grad Docs journey by securing your essential documents with payment.

Step 2: Provide Essential Information

Fill in our user-friendly form with your personal details to enable us to tailor your legal documents.

Step 3: Attorney-Prepared Documents

Our experienced attorneys will promptly prepare your legal documents based on the details you provided.

Step 4: Receive Your Grad Docs Package

Sit back and relax as your personalized legal documents are securely delivered to you, making this Parenting and Legal transition seamless and worry-free.

Don’t wait for an emergency to find out you’re unprepared. Take action today and rest easy knowing you can always be there for your young adult.

From Peace of Mind to Ready for Adulthood

Dive into the journeys of parents and their young adults with Grad Docs. Hear a mother’s experience of finding security and peace for her child, and join a father and son as they tackle the challenges of adulthood together. These stories illuminate the crucial role of legal preparedness in ensuring a smoother transition into adulthood.

Video Playlist
1/2 videos
Jay & Aidan: Ready for Adulthood
Jay & Aidan: Ready for Adulthood
A Mother's Assurance
A Mother's Assurance
As parents, we worry about our young adults, especially when they're far from home. GradDocs gave us the tools to feel prepared and proactive in supporting our son's health and education. It's a relief knowing we can be there for him, legally and lovingly.
— Jessica P.
Our daughter had a medical emergency at college. With GradDocs, we could immediately intervene with her healthcare team. It was a lifesaver."
— Greg and Nina W.
I never realized the complexity of stepping in to help my young adult until we faced a real crisis. Thankfully, GradDocs had us covered, making it possible to manage her affairs without delay. This is one of the best decisions we've made for our family's security.
— Karen W.

The thought of being helpless when your young adult faces a challenge is daunting. Without GradDocs, that’s a reality many face. Equip yourself with the legal tools to avoid this unnecessary risk.

Top Questions From Parents & Legal Guardians

Many parents are starting to ask this question, and it’s a good one. A young adult power of attorney is an essential legal document that all young people need when they reach 18 years of age. Most parents assume that they have automatic authority to handle decisions for their adult children if they encounter an unexpected illness or accident that leaves them incapacitated.

However, once a child turns 18, parents no longer have the authority to make medical or financial decisions for their children. Power of attorney forms authorize parents to help their adult children manage financial, legal and health care decisions as needed.

Without a power of attorney in place, parents are hamstrung as to how to help their children and hindered in their efforts to advocate for their best interests. If your child becomes incapacitated and has not signed powers of attorney, family may be required to ask a court to appoint a guardian or conservator to handle decisions. This can be a complex and expensive process overseen by a court. Power of attorney forms eliminate this concern.

Every state requires that these legal documents can only be signed by someone who is 18 years or older. In Alabama and Nebraska, you must be over 19 years old to sign. 

Copies of your GradDocs package documents are valid to use just like the originals. Its important to keep the originals in a safe place though so you know they are protected and can be copied again in the future.

To know where you live for legal document purposes, your home state is where you have decided to permanently reside state. This is where you vote, pay taxes, and likely have a driver’s license from. If you temporarily leave your home state, you can still consider your home state as your domicile and can use your state-based documents throughout the United States.

This applies to your young adult to when they go off to college or leave temporarily for school. 

If your young adult moves to another state to attend school or is just temporary, their home state is likely your home state still.  However, if they sign in one state and then move, the documents are still valid because documents that are validly executed under the laws in a state generally be honored in other states.

Legal documents often need to be notarized or witnessed. The best practice is to sign with notary and have your documents notarized. We can help with online notarization if you need it.

Don’t find yourself helpless when your child needs you the most. Grad Docs equips you to bypass distress and take control.

Way to go! Please provide your contact information:

Parent or Legal Guardian Information
Scroll to Top